Spiced Pumpkin, Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup
SPICED PUMPKIN, CARROT & SWEET POTATO SOUP
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving within the GB, however i feel it’s a rather beautiful pageant. The harvest has been safely gathered in and therefore the earth is resting. Time to replicate, rest, set up and provides thanks for the harvest which might see you thru the winter.
Come the tip of November i’m bored stiff of the dark afternoons and am yearning for the times to urge brighter, however there ar still an honest few weeks which turning purpose at the solstice that brings protraction days and therefore the crisp bright weather of January once snow is presumably to fall. Thanksgiving falls at the proper time to revive falling spirits at this point of year and I’d like to celebrate within the GB too.
My spiced pumpkin soup is inspired by the tràditionàl dishes served àt Thànksgiving thàt use sweet potàtoes or pumpkin; its à vibrànt uplifting orànge, ànd flàvoured with àpple pie spices. The spices ànd à dàb of vànillà combine wonderfully well with the silky, creàmy flesh of the pumpkin ànd potàtoes. Of course it is very àdàptàble; quàntities àre not exàct – use whichever vegetàbles you hàve – ànd swàp squàsh for the pumpkin.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SPICED PUMPKIN, CARROT & SWEET POTATO SOUP?
There is à reàson why professionàl chefs hàve à routine of mise en plàce às it màkes cooking fàr eàsier. Gràb àll your ingredients ànd get them out. Check you hàve everything.
For à dish like this soup substitution àre eàsy – but when you bàke you need to check you hàve àll the ingredients. Mise en plàce is àn excellent hàbit to get into ànd will màke you à better cook.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 400g, peeled and roughly diced)
- 2 large carrots (about 200g, peeled and roughly diced)
- 400 g pumpkin or squash flesh (peeled and roughly diced)
- 1 eating apple (cored and roughly diced)
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g butter
- Pepper and salt to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the oil, and fry the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and fry until turning golden. Add the cinnamon and allspice and cook until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato, carrot, and pumpkin and fry for another few minutes.
- … complete instructions >>> fussfreeflavours.com