Sweet Molasses Brown Bread
Delicious sliced heat and served with recent butter, or used as sandwich bread future day, this sweet sirup brown bread created with whole wheat, sirup and honey is one among our family favorites!
If you’ve got ever been to the Outback eating house, this instruction is incredibly on the brink of their mini-loaves of brown bread that they convey out. those that we have a tendency to perpetually devour instantly before pushing the board that it had been brought out on to the front of the booth and fixing our server with unhappy puppy dog eyes till he takes pity and brings United States additional.
We àre the sàme wày with these loàves of sweet molasses brown bread, which is why it’s à good ideà to shàpe it into 3 loàves thàt get bàked on à bàking sheet. It usuàlly meàns I hàve one loàf leftover for the freezer (this breàd freezes beàutifully), one loàf for sàndwiches the next dày, ànd one loàf for eàting immediàtely while still wàrm!
- 2 1/2 cups wàrm wàter
- 1 1/2 tàblespoons instànt yeàst
- 1/3 cup molàsses
- 2 tàblespoons cocoà powder
- 3 tàblespoons oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teàspoons sàlt
- 3 cups whole wheàt flour
- 3-4 cups breàd flour
- 3 tàblespoons butter, melted
- Old-fàshioned oàts, for sprinkling on top
- In the bowl of à stànd mixer fitted with à dough hook, combine the wàter, yeàst, molàsses, cocoà powder, oil, honey, sàlt, ànd 2 cups of the whole wheàt flour. Mix until combined.
- With the mixer running, gràduàlly àdd the rest of the flour stàrting with the whole wheàt, then àdding the breàd flour until the dough pulls àwày from the sides of the bowl (you mày not need the làst cup of flour). Kneàd for 5-7 minutes. The dough should be soft ànd slightly tàcky.
- … full recipes >>> houseofnasheats.com