Tomato Bath Pressure Cooker
Tomato Bath Pressure Cooker – Tomato is rich source of Vitamin C which is available throughout the year. Making tomato rice is simple because it is preparing in a pressure cooker and also simple ingredients that makes the dish much easier. This recipe is plain and soft dish as it does not include adding of spices or masala items so you can be devoid of regurgitation when taken at night. Also it can take part in lunch box menu too. This dish is tasty and healthy.
Ingredients of Tomato Bath Pressure Cooker:
- Rice -1 cup
- Tomatoes -7 medium sized
- Onion -2
- Ginger -1/2 inch
- Garlic -4 pods
- Green chilli & Red chilli -3
- Curry leaves -1 strand
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder -1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/4 tsptsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves 1 to 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
Method of Preparation of Tomato Bath Pressure Cooker :
- Wash the rice and keep soaked for 1/2 an hour if you require.
- Cut the onion and tomatoes in long thin slices. Crush the garlic and ginger. Slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add onions, green and red chillies, curry leaves and fry well. Take care that onions do not get fried till golden brown.
- Add crushed ginger , garlic and sauté just twice.
- Put In the tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add the rice and add 2 and half cup water, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Now close the lid and leave for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure is down add in finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Measure of water and rice depends on the variety of rice you use for cooking. I use ponni rice for cooking
- You can add in or reduce the amount of chilli powder depending on the requirement.