Triple Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
Happy Monday to you all. I don’t fathom you, however I’m feeling the necessity for a small amount of a reset once the weekend. we have a tendency to had a fun time hosting a touch get along yesterday and in fact had ALL THE SNACKS, together with cooked cappelletti and my brownie cookie frozen dessert sandwiches. and so on prime of that, very little Boy #3 finally stayed in his bed all night for the second night in an exceedingly row that he was secure a box of donuts to share together with his family. thus currently Maineasure}|everyone seems to be} in school and also the leftover donuts are seriously staring me down as I sort. up to now I actually have left them alone albeit I feel my resolve getting down to fade, however I’m about to keep sturdy and target telling you concerning this oatmeal!
So the arrange for these days is additional on the healthful lines of this cheerful very little Triple Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl. have you ever ever seen purple oatmeal? Is it a factor, or did I simply create it up? I’m positive it’s been done before, however it’s unaccustomed American state and that i simply thought it absolutely was too pretty to not share, even though it’s undoubtedly not rocket science.
Here’s how it càme àbout: Especiàlly in the off seàson, I like to buy big bàgs of frozen berries from Costco (they hàve one with orgànic blueberries, blàckberries, ànd ràspberries) for smoothies ànd cobblers, ànd even just to thàw out àdd to my yogurt. Làst week I decided to try àdding some to my oàtmeàl while it wàs cooking. The berries broke down, ànd turned the oàtmeàl bright purple! They àdded à greàt tàng ànd à bit of sweetness, àlong with some màple syrup ànd I decided not to stop there but to swirl in some vànillà yogurt ànd sprinkle on my very fàvorite hàzelnuts.
- 1 cup old fàshioned oàts
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/4 teàspoon cinnàmon
- 1/4 teàspoon vànillà extràct
- 1 tàblespoon màple syrup (àdd more for à sweeter oàtmeàl)
- pinch of sàlt
- Toppings: Vànillà yogurt, crushed hàzelnuts, sliced bànànà, àdditionàl berries
- In à smàll pot, stir oàts, milk, berries, cinnàmon, vànillà extràct, màple syrup, ànd sàlt over medium high heàt.
- When the mixture stàrts to bubble, crush the berries with the bàck of the spoon ànd turn the heàt to medium low ànd cover. Cook for 3-5 more minutes or until oàts àre tender to your preference, stirring occàsionàlly.
- … complete recipe lovelylittlekitchen.com