Vegetable Cutlet – Cutlet is a healthy snack made purely with vegetables. Though it is a fried snack, unlike other fritters cutlet does not require too much frying as the vegetables are boiled and cooked already. So cutlets provide a better nutritional supplement for kids when back from school or also after play time.
Ingredients of Vegetable Cutlet:
- Potato -2
- Finely chopped carrot, cabbage -1 cup
- Beans -5 (optional)
- Onion -2
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves -1 fist full
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Bread crumps – 3/4 cup
- Salt as required
- Oil to deep fry
Method of preparation of Vegetable Cutlet:
- Boil the potatoes, peel off the skin and smash well in a bowl. Make a paste of maida with 1/4 cup water.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry onions till they are light brown and then add chopped vegetables and saute with salt.
- Now add in the red chilli powder, garam masala then fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Then Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and fry for 1 minute
- Transfer this to the potato and mix well to make fine lemon sized balls.
- Now dip the balls in maida paste and then spread over the bread crumps.
- To bring the shape: Take a tumbler, then put the breadcrumbs rolled balls inside the tumbler.
- Now take another tumbler and press the balls inside the first tumbler. Now the balls turn into cutlet shape.
- After that, heat oil in a pan deep fry the cutlet for 3-4 minutes and serve with tomato sauce.
- If the bean is hard then do not use it, because it will not be cooked completely while frying.
- I had soft variety of beans which is thin and slender.
- Making the shape of the cutlet I learned from the cooks in a wedding function. So shaping cutlet using tumbler would be of very easy method when preparing in large quantities.