Vegetable Sandwich – Sandwiches are always a simple and a healthy recipe which is also said to be kids friendly, snack friendly, healthy and simple breakfast friendly too…Here the recipe is very simple and plain without much of added masalas and spices, as specifically I made kid friendly with healthy touch. I use whole wheat bread in most of my cooking. You can also replace with any bread variety of your choice.
Ingredients of Vegetable Sandwich:
- Bread – 4 slices
- Vegetables (carrot,beans, cabbage) – 1.5 cup
- Onion – 2
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera/cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee/Butter – as required to toast
Method of Preparation Vegetable Sandwich:
- Heat oil –> Add onion + vegetables and fry
- Add spice powders along with salt and let it cook
- Spread on bread slices
- Toast on Tawa/toaster using ghee or butter
Step-wise of making Vegetable Sandwich:
- Finely chop the vegetables and onion
- Heat oil in pan, fry onions and add in chopped veggies
- Fry the vegetables until half cooked in medium flame
- Add all the spice powders along with salt
- Cook well in medium flame until soft.
- Take a scoop of the mix and spread over a piece of bread slice
- Cover with another slice of bread and toast on both sides using ghee
- Cut the toasted sandwich into two halves and serve
- Healthy simple sandwich ready. Serve just like that
- This is a simple version so I have not added any chillies,ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves.
- If you add all the above ingredients, the change would be totally different. Try this simple version with the ingredients I have stated, it tastes really good.
- You can serve with any sauce of your choice. I don’t use sauces much in concern with health benefit.
- You can also use a toaster to toast the bread. I toasted on iron tawa.
- You can use any bread variety of your choice. I used whole wheat bread.
- Adding additional vegetables depends on your choice. I prefer these three basic veggies would be a better combination as it doesn’t contain much of spices and masalas.