Vegetarian BBQ Tofu Sandwich
Vegetarian BBQ Tofu Sandwich – This healthy and hearty Vegetarian BBQ Tofu Sandwich recipe for lunch is easy to make. These sandwiches are packed with tofu, onion, tomatoes and lettuce. A stuffed meal that is loaded with protein and fiber.
This quick and simple sandwich recipe is for those moments when you feel lazy to cook. It comes together with very little prep- up, is fool-proof and requires very less attention. You will spend only less than 30 minutes in the kitchen.
Pair your favorite soup with this Vegetarian BBQ Tofu Sandwich and, it makes a perfect lazy weekend lunch or brunch!
Do you know Tofu or have you ever tried it?
If not, you miss something! Tofu is rich in protein and fiber. It pretty much similar to Paneer (non-vegan, Indian cottage cheese). I use tofu and paneer interchangeably in my recipes.
Portions: 3 Sandwiches
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
Ingredients of Vegetarian BBQ Tofu Sandwich
- 1 block (12 oz ) Extra firm tofu (340 grams)
- 1 cup Vegan Barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika or Red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce (light)
- 6 slices of Whole grain wheat bread or bread of your choice
- 3/4 cup Homemade Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 large Tomato, sliced
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- Handful of big Fresh Lettuce leaves
- Handful of homemade Fresh sprouts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
Steps to Make Vegetarian BBQ Tofu Sandwich
1. Unpack Tofu. Squeeze hard to drain water. Pat it dry.
2. Slice into pieces. Sliced tofu ready for marinade.
3. In a large bowl, assemble all the ingredients listed under ‘For Tofu’. Whisk to combine. Add tofu and coat it well. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Heat and grease a heavy bottomed pan. Add tofu and cook until the bbq sauce thickens and the flavor deepens. Keep turning at intervals.
5. When done remove from heat and assemble rest of the ingredients. Try to cut onion and tomato nice and thick.
6. Toast the bread.
7. Generously apply mayo on both the slices.
8. Top with lots of crispy fresh lettuce.
9. Add tofu slices.
10. Top with onion and tomato slices.
11. Add sprouts and…
12. Then add the top layer.
Finally within few minutes your Vegetarian BBQ Tofu Sandwich is ready to serve. You can pack it up for a picnic or potluck. Or just sit outside in the sunshine, and enjoy your delightful sandwiches.